Lake Macquarie, Hunter Region
Options for things to do around the Lake, and in the Hunter region are almost endless.
- Adventure – wheels or walking – try Tree-top Crazy Rider at Ourimbah
- Arts and culture – Awaba House, Sunnyside; Dobell House; Booragul
- Museums -Toronto Railway Station or Lost in the 50’s
- Dining – patisseries, bistros, cafes, gourmet kitchens
- Shopping and markets – visit Pokolbin Village, and the Smelly Cheese Shop!
- Cinemas and plazas - try Charlestown and Glendale shopping precincts
- Water sports - the safe waters of the lake are ideal for skiers and boaties
- Fishing – bring your rod and reel to Styles Point reserve jetty
- Nature trails and wildlife viewing – Hunter Botanical or Mt Penang Gardens
- Cycling paths – join the pathway at the back door and take your Frisbee!
- Disc Golf – take a walk through the park and look for the yellow baskets
- Creative playgrounds – science museum in Newcastle, or at Speers Park
- Sports fields – just across the road from the conference centre!
- Golf – clubs at both Toronto and Morisset
- Bowls – try your hand at Rathmines Memorial Bowling Club
- Visit the vineyards, go via Walka Miniature Railway
- Bird-watching –Feed the Pelicans at the Entrance; Hunter Valley Gardens
- Float - hire a kayak at the Old Wyong Milk Factory
- E-FREE weekend – challenge your family to a weekend free of devices
- Sea, sand, surf and sails – try Stockton for sand dunes!
The list goes on and on…
Check out the Lake Macquarie Visitors guide at …. www.visitlakemac.com.au
Visit the Lake Macquarie Visitors Centre at the Swansea Centre, 228 Pacific Hwy, Swansea
Phone: 02 4921 0740
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA